Friday, November 11, 2011

Day #9 - The Floor

So, I'm sure that everyone is wondering the results of the echos that Aine had yesterday.
I will do my best to tell you the results that I got. I'm still a little foggy about everything, so as I get more details - I will pass them on.
1) Aine started out with a large VSD which was repaired in this last surgery. Upon echo, they found that there is still a small defect, but... it sounded like this is sometimes an intentional thing that is done (not sure why or if I heard correctly, so I will be finding out more information about that).
2) There is an obstruction in the conduit, but it sounds like this is normal because of the type of material that it is and they will continue to monitor this. I asked if it was something that could potentially break away & was informed no.
3) The Right Ventricle is really strong (not a good thing), and hasn't relaxed as of this time so they will continue to monitor that part but... because of this #4 occured
4) there is an obstruction coming out of the right ventricle - which should get better over time as her heart grows "stronger" and more used to the new way that it works (the correct way)

We are still working on getting her weened from the high flow - having her on 1 liter while she was awake and upping her to 2 liters while she is sleeping so she can rest.

They will be talking to the surgeon about their findings and coming to talk to me at some point in time. It sounds like they are going to try to get her home soon and then we continue to monitor her from there.

No comments: