Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 1 ICU

Well,
Long day #1 & long night #1 Over. Thank goodness for that!
Aine is still connected to the pacer, but it is not currently "working" because her heart is doing all the work - thank God.
They are working on extabating her (they are talking around noon today) which is really crazy in my world. If you remember it has taken 2-3 days in the past to even think about it with Aine, so as long as we don't have to many bumps in the road our prayers will continue to be answered.
They are going to put her G-tube back in because it was removed during surgery.
They will check that pesky little ear - which I'm not sure what I want them to find 1) wax build up 2) fluid behind the drum 3) nothing If they find fluid, that would explain the hearing but either 1 or 2 would explain the tugging. I think however I would prefer them to find something because I like explanations.
They are continuing to monitor her right leg because it is chilled & the pulse is dull. She had a clot their previously (oh lovanox injections how I despise you) so they will also be dopplering her for verification.
Right now, that's all I know.
I hope that your night was peaceful & your day continues that way as well.
Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts.

At the other hospital:
I am waiting for my update with I will not be anticipating until around 10am. I believe that they round similar to the way that they do here, but I could not be for certain.
But what I know from last night is that:
1)They were going to remove him from life support to see if he would start to breath on his own & if he doesn't they will put him back on.
2) They will be doing some other sort of tests for brain wave function, reponse, and so forth
3) They will continue to love him & work on getting him to respond
Thank you for adding him to your prayers, they really need them right now.

No comments: